Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Around Our Yard

Yesterday afternoon I was in the upstairs hallway talking to
Wilson when I looked out the window and saw the herd
of deer walking down the path.
I ran downstairs with camera in hand and snapped away.
They were headed for a little snack in our garden but
I managed to deter them.
Actually, I haven't seen deer in broad daylight in a long time.
Since I was outside I walked around and took flower photo's.

This is the first year for our coral bark maple.
We love our cherry tree.

In the fall Wilson planted a ton of wildflowers and we've been
watching them grow.    We have two early bloomers!
Is this a Forget Me Knot?
There is a pair of geese hanging around in this particular
area of the pond which is odd.   I say this because in the
other pond there is a center island which is where they
usually build a nest and raise their babies. 






What I love about living in an area with ponds is you never
know what you will see when you look out the window.


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us. It was great to see the herd of deer and gorgeous blooms of the flowers and trees. Have a great rest of your day.
    World of Animals Bensalem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful I will have to live seeing your flowers. We had a late snow and a heavy frost expected tonight. We lost all of our blooming trees, my lilac was broken off. All of the tender shoots are mush on the ground. Even broke my large maple tree that will be costly.

    ReplyDelete