Friday, June 11, 2021

"Keep it Reel" . . . Playing with the fish fabric


Working with the collection
'KEEP IT REEL'
by
Blank Quilting Corp.
There are 2 panels in this collection and I received 2
of each one.  One panel was so stretched out of shape
I gave up trying to get it square so I cut the panel
into sections.  That is what you see above the fish panel.    
Squaring up the blocks I cut from the wonky panel.
Quilt top #1
Quilt top #2
A better picture of quilt top #2 with Julep.
Quilt top #3 shown in the lower right hand corner.
Top #3 was easy to make since the blocks are 12-1/2 inches.
Three spools of Aurifil thread came with the fabric.
Progress shot ... the making of the 12-1/2" square.

What I accomplished in a week ... 8 quilt tops! 
4 with the "Sunset Rodeo" collection
and
4 with the "Keep it Reel" collection
Outdoor photo's will be taken over the weekend for
final submission to Jennifer.  

Next up ... Putting together a really cute Christmas
kit I purchased on-line.  Plus I have many
yards of fleece that need to be cut for neck scarves  
for kids.  This is a project I like to do in mid-summer
so they are ready to be handed off in early fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment