Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You Know You're On Vacation When ...

You wake up to cloudy skies and declare . . .
PANCAKES - and - BACON
for L-U-N-C-H!  
Wilson found this sinfully good pancake mix simply called
MY FAVORITE PANCAKE & WAFFLE MIX
(Made By: Elki) 
I fried the maple bacon nice and crispy, set the table, made a fresh pot of Starbucks Verona and placed the maple syrup within easy reach to pour over those hot cakes. 
Derby wanted to try and get to the bacon
. . . and . . . 
Julep tried her paws at getting to the bacon. 
Our meal was excellent (who's counting calories?) and we did share one piece of bacon between the westies.  Julep loves to try the pity look in hopes of more bacon.
Our Hot Cakes on a Plate
. . . so . . .
After our meal I went back to my needlepoint canvas.  I thought it would be done by now and I would be on to another ... oh well, that's the beauty of a vacation ... no rush to do anything!

1 comment: