Monday, June 13, 2011

The Boy Is Back!

 Derby, finally starting to be his old self!
 After dinner {tonight} Derby took the play posture with Julep.
See how he's nuzzling at her neck and his tail is straight up - that's the sign.
The vet said keep him quiet for a week - no way, no how!
 Playing under my supervision, they are now napping.
 New Fabric Just For Boys!
 My Bandannas for Rescued Paws tend to be more girlie, and I've tried to correct myself when looking at fabric.  I've already assigned this fabric to a rescue group in Omaha, NE.  I also stocked up on {because they were on sale} my favorite finishing thread.  Also, while waiting in line I struck up a conversation with a nice lady named Lisa who was purchasing a quilting magazine.  I asked if she quilted and she said yes ... we chit chatted briefly {which was an inspiring conversation} so now she has me seriously thinking of learning how to quilt.  Even if I do start quilting I will never give up making & donating 
Bandannas for Rescued Paws!
 Julep wanted see what I was photographing!
~ ~
~ ~ GARDEN  FLOWERS ~ ~



4 comments:

  1. When I'm done with all of my travelling I plan to take a quilting class. I've never done it, so it ought to be interesting!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Derby that although we were not able to comment (due to our location at the lake), Louis, TEN and I were all thinking of him during his recovery! Louis would not rest the required time, and it was all I could do to keep him calm.

    It's so hard when our little one's aren't feeling themselves isn't it :( Glad to hear Derby is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that Derby is almost back to normal. Beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Derby, so glad he's feeling like his old self again.
    I've always wanted to learn how to quilt too and one of these days I'm going to, it's on the list :)Very pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete