Friday, August 12, 2011

Derby & Westie Print Doll Dress for Molly

 After the endless activity yesterday {see post below}
Derby fell asleep on the bathroom rug which is highly unusual.
 Later he moved to a new spot until it was bed time.
 Molly, the American Girl doll has a new dress!
Isn't this print the cutest?
This fabric is a custom design by: Kim Niles from KiniArt.
To see Kim's other fabrics & to order visit:
I have another piece of Kim's fabric which has a green background, westies and flowers.   My sister & I are trying to decide what to make.  We are having so much fun making doll cloths for Molly.  I'm not a professional sewer so it's a challenge for me to read the pattern instructions.  Currently, I'm working on making a pair of pants.  Once I get the instructions down, I make four of each pattern to fully understand how to put it together.  Molly will have a fashion portfolio that will be far superior to what you can purchase through the American Girl store.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter would have loved to have had a dress like this for her Kit doll (Kit is her favorite American Girl doll).

    This dress is too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete