Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bayside Quilters Meeting & Debra Gabel

 On Wednesday I attended the Bayside Quilters meeting. 
The speaker this month was the talented
Debra Gabel talking about'Continuing the Journey'.
(I really wanted this scottie throw (pattern) but need to take a few basic lessons first.  I would (of course) make the minor adjustment from scotties to westies so I wouldn't get Julep & Derby upset.)

CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DEBRA'S BLOG & 
TO SEE WHAT EXCITING NEW PROJECT SHE IS WORKING ON.

 Debra before her talk.
 All the panels behind Debra are her creations
... I think she doesn't sleep ... 
You can tell she enjoys every second of every day
 and has found her life work.
Happy Creating ... Debra

 Debra is explaining all the details she added
to her son's marriage quilt.
She even scanned the invitation, printed it on fabric and placed it on the back.
 Who would ever want to use these ... I know I wouldn't.


 Debra has patterns for all the states and is
 working on major cities.
All in all this whole concept of quilting from the design, fabric choices, to the actually quilting is totally over my head.  My friend (JoAnn) and I look at each other at the meetings and have to wonder just what we got ourselves into.
...
Do you think there's hope for me in the future?
Who knows!
I'm having fun doing what I do and learning about things which I will never be capable of doing.
Back to making doll clothing.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. These things sure are bee-yoo-ti-ful. Wish my peep was talented like this.

    Oh wait...She CHOSE me! That's pretty talented!

    Aroo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete