We gave found the ultimate side dish for Thanksgiving
and have been using this recipe since it was published in SL magazine in 2003.
We serve this at all our dinner parties because it's such a hit. People crave it!
You can substitute the whipping cream for any other milk product, but the result and taste will be just okay. My suggestion ... for the first time follow the recipe as is.
This is also an easy recipe to cut in half using and 8x8 baking dish.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)*
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden and set. Let pudding stand 5 minutes.
- *6 cups frozen white whole kernel corn may be substituted. Sometimes we'll even mix frozen white and frozen yellow corn together - but look for frozen sweet corn to get the ultimate taste.