Sunday, August 26, 2012

Okay ... Enough With The Rain!

 I can't tell you how many inches of rain we've
had but I do know one thing ... all this rain
sure cramps a westies style.
 Julep watches the rain drops while
Derby watches me.
 Who knows what Julep saw
besides rain drops.
 Our pool at the over flow-mark.
 It's still raining with a mix of thunder and lighting.
How long can this last?
 During a ten minute break from this yucky
weather we spotted a rainbow directly
across the creek.  I'm going to send this
photo to the folks who own that house.
 rainbow is an arc of colour in the sky that you can see
 when the sun shines through falling rain. The pattern of colors
 starts with red on the outside and changes through 
orangeyellowgreenblueindigo to violet on the inside. 
A rainbow is created when light is bent (refracted
while entering a droplet of water and reflected.
A rainbow is actually round. 
 Derby pulled out a few toys to occupy his time
and I put away a few toys to occupy my time.
He drops them all over the house which
drives us crazy ... but he is so cute ... so
we forgive him.
 How could anyone get mad at a face like this?

 Julep ... you just don't play with toys anymore
... so don't complain.  Maybe you should 
go spend time with Grand Mom so she can
rub your tummy and make you feel better.
 I spent the past two rain soaked days working in my
sewing area.  Just finished these today and
they will be going out to our grand daughter
Kaitlyn for her American Girl doll.
I have four of the AG tote bags finished
and I'll take photo's of them tomorrow
if I'm not washed away by all this rain.

Thanks For Visiting,
Katie

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the droopy weather you're having ... hang in there -- the sun will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the sun will shine soon!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had much rain at all this summer. Duke has toys scattered all over the house and his favorite place to leave them seems to be the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derby and Julep you made us smile this morning. Have a great Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of you because y'all have had tornado warnings close by! That photo of the Westies on top of the skirted table is the cutest thing!!! How do they get up there? Bonnie will not jump on anything....she just scratches the bed, sofa, etc. until one of use picks her up....she has us trained! So nice to visit you...our life has settled down unless all my in-laws evacuate and come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete