Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quilting For A Community Cause

 Here is Derby inspecting my baby quilt that
I quilted at my first Community Outreach meeting
of the Bayside Quilters Guild.
 This is in ... NO way - shape - or form
fancy quilting ... it's a basic serpentine stitch across the blocks
to hold the layers together.
 I managed to 'quilt' this top plus get the binding
sewn around the edges.  Now the next step is to fold over the
binding to the back side and hand stitch.
 My friend JoAnn.  
She has been to several of the Outreach Bee's 
and enjoys doing handwork like ...
... sewing labels on the quilt back and finishing the
edge binding.  JoAnn always takes a great photo.
 Chris ... The Outreach Bee's Fearless Leader.
Without Chris [& the other Kris] this group wouldn't
have spunk!  Chris has a pretty tall order of quilts to fill with
all the Community request for quilts.
 The Outreach group started at 9:30am sharp!





 We all broke up in different groups depending
on what you wanted to do.  I had my Bernina
so I did machine sewing.


And ... here we have it ... my first Outreach Bee.
I'll have these quilts finished by our September meeting
as well as two more tops sewn together.  Wilson
actually helped me lay out the the fabric blocks for
my next two Outreach baby quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so wonderful!! I like seeing your friends working on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic Friday and a happy quilting to all.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice 'publicity' for the Outreach efforts. Thanks for your lovely pictures! J.

    ReplyDelete