Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Vintage Rose Quilt Top

 If Derby doesn't sit [or lay] on my quilting project
I think something is wrong! 
 Oh stupid me!
I read the directions wrong and used the wrong fabric
for one set of blocks which left me short on the rose fabric.
 So now I have to re-think the fabric layout.
Chalk this up to learning. 
All pieced together with border attached using
some of the back fabric.  If I didn't screw things
up the center 2 pinwheels would have been like
the 4 pinwheel blocks.  Oh well - live & learn.
My sewing area is small and compact but
room enough for Derby to decide he wants to be
in the middle of my production area.
Have a great day.  I'm off to Annapolis this morning to
zip by the Pet Barn ... because I'm out of dog food - which
doesn't happen very often in this house!

3 comments:

  1. Derby I love your smerk. Yep Derby has to give those guilts his special butt seal of approval.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo weee that sure is pretty!

    SWTS is a funny guy! (Butt seal of approval...LOL.)

    Arooo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well mistake or not it sure does look pretty. I love the smirk on Derby in that last shot. too cute

    ReplyDelete