Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Herd of Deer

 While pressing this quilt late yesterday afternoon I spotted
a herd of deer making their way from the woods into
our yard.  In all the years we've been here this is a
first ... meaning ... to be able to sneak downstairs to get
my camera and take pictures of them feasting on the ivy
in our front bed by the laundry room window.  How cool!
 Before we move on to deer pictures this is the kit I finally
put together that I purchased last year.  I had so much of
the fabric left over from the pendents that I'm going to make
another "Jumping Jacks" quilt from it.  Taking breaks to 
sew helps keep my sanity while cleaning and packing stuff.
 Let's have a deer-fest!


 Deer are beautiful ... deer ticks are not!
 I kept hoping a male with a big rack would come
out of the woods but not on this visit.

 The westies knew the deer were here but I wasn't ready
to let them out until I had all the pictures I wanted from
this rare opportunity.

My favorite picture.

We didn't get as much snow as the weather folks originally called
for which was 8" to 10".  It looks like about 5" to me in total.
Be safe & keep warm ... spring is on it's way
so 'they' say!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the deer and we sure hope Spring is on it's way for all of you. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, all those deer, how fun to be able to get all those pictures.

    ReplyDelete