Monday, July 7, 2014

What I Did This Weekend

 What I did this weekend was sew doll clothing.  All clothing
[plus doll quilt] was made within a 24 hour period.
I was production sewing burnin' up that Bernina!
 I was ready to take a break from quilting and do some
doll clothing anyway.  I pulled some of my small leftover
pieces of fabric and whipped these up.
What got me started on making these was ... 
Our real estate agent sent me a note saying she had a 
relative visiting and was looking for doll clothing to take
back home with her for her 8 year old niece.
... So she left here with a great selection of AG stuff plus
I added about 10 other pieces I had tucked in a drawer.
 The back of the doll quilt.
 My ultimate favorite pattern to make called ...
The Perfect Party Dress.


 The green top of this dress is the same fabric I used
on the quilt you can see in the background.
 After all that sewing I decided the kitchen was 'closed'
and we headed to Ava's in St. Michaels for dinner.
Wilson had the Sangria and I had the Huckleberry Lemonade
perfect on a hot summer Sunday afternoon.
 Our drinks ... and ... boy they were good!
 When you can decide on a meatball sub or a pizza
you order a pizza with meatballs!
 We have a very talented mosaic artist in our area that created
this for the outside dining area at Ava's.
Have a great Monday & thank you for reading my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm so impressed with your doll clothes; I've made some AG outfits for my granddaughters, but yours are perfect. Love the embellishments as well. If I weren't in the middle of tracing a hand pattern on my latest quilt, I'd be tempted to get some patterns out. Well done. Your drinks and food sound so delicious.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy weekend. Good for you being so productive. I was a slug all weekend....lol
    Those drinks look really good

    ReplyDelete