Saturday, January 17, 2015

All That's Left ...

 Meet Derby ... Mr. Bird Eater
I was busy doing laundry while the westies were on the deck.
When I came back into the dining room and looked out the window
 I saw Derby doing something strange ... he was crunching on a bird
that flew into the window.  Normally I hear that awful
sound and run out to 'take care of' the bird issue but this
time Derby was ready and waiting ... I know this day would
come sooner or later.  What was left of 'said bird' was a
tiny feather {pictured above} stuck to Derby's face.  Now I'll
be watching him for signs of loose stools and {how can
I say this gracefully} vomit ... never a dull moment
in our last few weeks in Bozman!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you. My Truman who is now at RB, (not because he ate something bad, LOL.) once came flying into the house after being outside, and I got a quick glimpse of what looked like a chubby baby's arm. It wasn't of course but I never did find out what he disappeared under the bed with. Whatever it was he ate it with glee. They can sure make you wonder why you let them lick your face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Derby was a bird dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD that was some tasty snack. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derby has that guilty, but satisfied look on his face.
    Good luck....J.

    ReplyDelete