Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Still Unpacking ... Of Course!

 I feel the westies are a little bored what with the nasty
weather and us still unpacking boxes and getting organized.  
I'm trying not to think I'll be doing this all over again next year. 
I love the neighborhood and like the house we're in but the
quality of construction of this home is not good for various reasons.
 {It's not worth the asking price for homes in this development.}
  For example ... there must be little [to no] insulation behind the stove 
top and microwave. You can feel the cold air come up thru the cook
top as well as thru the micro.  Wilson put a stick of butter on the
counter near the stove and it's as hard as if it just came out of the frig. 
Wonder what this electric bill will be!
 With the small ice storm we just had I can't wait 
until spring.  Don't forget ... 
Daylight Savings Time begins
Sunday, March 8 
At least you would think they would take me for a car ride.

 Amazingly beautiful.

 I will have to defer to my friends JoAnn & Lloyd to
let me know what breed of dog this is.  This pup is
across the street and as you would suspect the westies can 
spot this from the porch.  Let the bark-fest begin.
There is still a ton of boxes in the storage unit and I started
to bring over my fabric yesterday.  We also started to hang
a few pictures to make it feel more like our home for the
next year.  Wilson and I have an appointment with a builder
on Wednesday morning to see if it's worth building or not.
We're both on the fence about this now but once the decision
is made to build ...  well, there is no turning back.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh you are busy settling in. Hope the Westies make friends with big dog across the road otherwise that will be one long bark fest. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, After having moved a year ago, I can't imagine moving again(but we found our dream/forever home). Actually, when we first moved to Colorado seven years ago, we rented for 1.5 yrs before moving-kept much packed up, but still had to make the house a home. Love your background-So perfect for this month. Like you, I'm ready for warm spring days. Hope the cold stays away, we have snow today.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly! That is a ginormous dog!!! Well, that should keep you guys busy for awhile!! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing it's an untrimmed
    Newfoundland. But that's just a guess for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the icicles look very pretty but I don't want them any more. I'm looking forward to just the 50 degrees temperature.




    ReplyDelete