Friday, March 18, 2016

Another Quilt in the Works


 Julep ... it's hard to believe she will be "8" years old next
month.  At the age of 7 dogs are considered seniors but
Julep shows no signs in slowing down. 
 Derby ... in May he will be "7".  Hard to believe he will be
a senior when his face still looks like a puppy to me.
 I love that little face.
This multi-color fabric was a 'grab bag' of Moda scraps I picked
up in Lancaster with my sister.  The strips were 3-1/2" wide and I
thought I could use them as is ... until I unrolled them and saw
how wonky they were cut.  I trimmed them to 3" strips.
 When I have a lot of various fabrics to get rid of use I turn to
this pattern ... My Garden Trellis.  It's simple and makes an
interesting quilt in a relatively short time.
This layout was suppose to be the layout above.
Since I didn't have enough of the scrappy 3" strips
to make a usable quilt [in that pattern] I decided to switch
things up.  At first I thought these would be cool place
mats but decided again it.  I went through my stash and found 
a fabric that worked with all these colors.  This quilt
is much prettier in person then in the picture because of
the richness of colors and the gold running through
the border fabrics.   We are scheduled for some yucky
weather this weekend so you know what I'll be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment