Friday, December 9, 2016

Winter is Coming!

 To answer the question ... 
No quilter [or any person who sews] will never have enough fabric.
So there you have it ... here is my new fabric.
 This is a small order by comparison to others.  But non-the-less
I got everything for either $2.99 or $3.99 per yard from the sale bin.
I've seen this fabric in the 'sale bin' on the Hancock of Paducha 
website for about a year so I broke down and ordered two yards. 
 A really large print which more than likely become a quilt back.
 This is another fabric I took a chance on ordering & I like it.
 Here is a close-up of one of the flowers with silver outlines.
 Flannel for pillowcases for our bed.  This is a Saturday project.
 Two batiks to save for a future project.
 Christmas fabric which will probably be used for next seasons quilts.  
I'm really working hard on using my scraps of old holiday fabrics now.
I screwed up when I ordered these.  I thought I was clicking the
box for 100% cotton but instead I order in corduroy.
It's good that the 'wale' is super-thin so I'm now debating on
what I should make.  I've learned if I use corduroy for a 
quilt it should be wash prior to sewing.  I plan to ask a
FB quilting group their opinion before I wash, cut & sew.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

1 comment:

  1. good answer to the question. Love all the new fabrics. I think my favorite is the red with the birdhouses.

    ReplyDelete