Tuesday, November 21, 2017

It's Fun to Have Fun

 Tomorrow is grooming day for the westies.  While they still
look good Julep is starting to look a little fuzzy.  
 It's fun to have fun and that's the way I feel about
making American Girl doll clothing.  I honestly
don't remember the last time I went on a doll
clothes sewing spree but I'm on one now.
 A poncho make from fleece.  I didn't have pinking
scissors so I had to go buy a pair just
for this project.  Scissors are so expensive.
 Flannel nightgown fitting for a little princess.
 Super-easy skirts.
 The pair on the right is made from brushed suede type of
material and the pair on the far left is made
from velvet [which I'm not fond of working with].
 Doll quilt.  Grace {the little girl who this is intended for} will 
be be receiving the large quilt I made last month using
 this same collection of fabric.  She lives in New Jersey so 
I'm sure this will be on her bed during the cold months.

 This turned out so cute.



 The top is made using a sparkle snowflake print.
Taking a photo of white on white doesn't work {note to self}.
More traditional dress from leftover fabric that I used
on a back of a quilt.
 Ready for summer.


 I like this mermaid fabric and of course wish I had
more.  It came from Hancock of Paducah so I'll be scouting 
the sale section in hopes there is some left.
I have several more outfits cut out and ready to sew but
took a short break to finish up the sparkle bird quilt
I posted last week.  It's nice to get that off the floor
and on the stack 'to be quilted'.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a while since you've done doll clothes. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete