Saturday, June 16, 2018

Something to Wine About: Vineyard Valley by Blank Quilting

Vineyard Valley 
My new collection of 1 yard cuts arrived Fed-X from
Vanessa the Digital Marketing Manager at Blanking Quilting.
I wrote Vanessa and said the photo's of this material don't do
 justice.   This is a collection you really need to see close to
appreciate the richness of color and the detail of design.
Grapes ... fruit of the vine!
 The panel [which I hate to cut] will probably land up on the
back of one of the quilts.  If the size of the squares was just a 
little larger I would have made them into napkins.  
 I'm hoping to get a set of napkins out of this collection
once I'm done with the lap quilts.

 Who doesn't like a good glass of vino with a nice
cheese and cracker plate to nibble on while sipping?

 It was easy to pick out a pattern to use and as you can
see Julep is in her usual spot ... on my project.
Can't open a bottle of wine without one of these.
I was playing with different fabrics for the center as well as the
top and bottom.  I kept the center fabric as is but did change out
the top and bottom.  This top is now finished.  Last night I
started work quilt #2.  This is super-simple center 8" square with a
2" border strip.  My goal is to get that done today.  On Sunday 
the goal is to get these quilted and the binding put on one side.
Wilson had another attack of Afib we will be going to John Hopkin's
in Baltimore on Monday for the 'shock' treatment.
That is scheduled for 3:00 so while I'm waiting I can hand sew
 the binding to finish them.  

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous fabrics, I know you'll make something beautiful with those.
    Best of luck to Wilson on Monday. That does not sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete