Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A New Quilt Pattern

 This is another new quilt pattern I picked up during the
morning e-mail reading and coffee sipping time.
 Originally, I had picked a line of flower fabric with mostly purples.
I thought it go nicely with the solid gray material.  Nope.
 I didn't like it so I had to go with a Plan B.
The monotone gray/black small print fabric worked nicely.  
 I couldn't bring myself to use that boring solid gray fabric
between the rows of blocks so I pulled a copper
and black fabric from my stash.
 The first time I use a pattern I follow instruction.  The second time
I make a pattern I take liberties.  In this quilt [which is the
original pattern] the gray fabric is specified to be 2-1/2" wide.
This is the second quilt and I decided to cut off 1/2" off the
2-1/2" which was suggested in the original pattern.
That would be the red/white dot fabric in this quilt.
I like the look of the 2" size better.  
 Julep - the pose I get when I say 'treat'.

The rows are done and sewn together.
On the finished quilt I added two borders on each side to make
 it larger.  This westie holiday quilt is slated for the 
Westie Foundation of America
Facebook auction in mid-August. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this pattern too. Morning email and coffee sipping time is my favorite time of day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Westie poses on top the quilts! 😍 Looks so much like my Harley!

    ReplyDelete