Monday, July 16, 2018

Flowers Around The Yard

 I love our little flower bed.
Between the birds and bees it's like grand central station.
Having 3 bird baths, 2 bird feeders and lots of blooming
flowers doesn't hurt.

 Busy Bees

 Watering the cherry tree this egg popped out of the mulch -
Wilson is my witness to this fact.  I have no idea how it
got there or who laid the egg so I put this photo on the
Maryland Birding page on Facebook.  A few guesses -
a vulture egg [not likely] or a wild turkey egg [more likely].
If anyone has another guess I would welcome it.

 Joe Pye Weed
 Coneflower


 Our back flower bed is a bee factory.


 Limelight Hydrangea

 Calla Lily
 Julep followed me from the back to the front of the house.
 In early spring I sprinkled a handful of wildflower
seeds in a bed we have next to our driveway.
It had the river birch tree which we had removed
last year.  The wildflowers love this area and
I'm sorry I didn't plant the entire bed in seed.

Hollyhock

1 comment:

  1. All your flowers are so pretty. I think my favorite are the hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete