Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Westie Update & Holiday Quilts

 Update on Derby.  He was doing just fine on all 3 meds until early
this morning when he got sick.  He was not a happy camper and
wouldn't touch any food including tuna fish that Wilson tried
to get him to eat.  This was not good so when Molly [my vet's
right hand tech] called to give me the update on Julep I told her
about Derby.  Long story short after I dropped Julep off at
home they had me bring Derby back in for an anti-nausea 
pill.  This worked and he's like his old self once again.
This boy has such a sensitive tummy so we will see
what tomorrow brings.
 This is not Julep after her dental today.  Actually as of this
writing she still looks pretty distraught.  She had 3 teeth removed -
one back molar which had a slab fracture, another tooth that
was loose from the gum and infected plus one of her
tiny front teeth that showed decay. It's now about 7 hours
since her dental and I finally got her to eat plus I gave her
the antibiotic and pain pill for this night.  I figure it
will take her a good several days to be feeling decent.
Completed sewing projects - this set of pillowcases went
with a holiday quilt that I sent to a friend in the Outer Banks.
This collection of pillowcases go with the below quilts.
All are pressed, folded, tied with string and tagged for
who I made them for - Wilson's daughter Carol
and her family in California.

 This is Steve's {Carol's husband}.

 For William.

 For Nicky.
 For Carol.

 For Casey.

 For Daisy.
Gosh, this was a lot of work and I'll mail out
right after Thanksgiving.
...
Next ... I'll be working on some quilt tops to turn
into the Outreach group next month.  It's a nice way to
use up some of my small pieces to help out a great cause.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Julep and Derby. It's so hard when they aren't feeling well. I don't know about your two but I remember what a pain it was to give Duke any kind of pill. He was so stubborn about it.
    All your quilts look great with their matching pillow cases.

    ReplyDelete