Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Fabric

 Photo 1, 2 & 3 was a gift from my sister
when she came for Thanksgiving dinner. 
I love my sister!
 Photo 2
 Photo 3
 Moving on to fabric shopping in Lancaster.
The little doll panel is a new one.  I'll make these for the twins
 up the street.  Log Cabin Quilts had several other panels
including the holiday elf but decided against getting them.
 Out of the 4 fabric stores we stopped in I only purchased
fabric at 2 of them.  All was on sale except for one
piece that I needed to finish up a quilt.
 These are flat folds at 5 yards each from Log Cabin Quilts.
On sale the per yard price was $3.50!   I can live with that.



  I was drawn to this grouping because the colors are different.  
 The top fabric has gold accents which you can't see.
The pink fabric I was thinking pillowcases.
 The zebra fabric will be made into pillowcases
with the dot fabric used as the cuff.
The two matching fabrics [on the left] 
could be used for framing a center block. 
 The multi-colored dot bursts I figured would be cute
as a border fabric on a kids quilt.  The gold below it is the
one I paid full price for.
 This group was purchased at the Old Country Store event.  These 
are fat quarters by Tula Pink called Zuma.   Tula Pink was under
the Free Spirit fabric company {as well as Kaffe Fassett} 
which announced it was going out of business.
When Scott's father learned about Free Spirit's plight 
Jaftex Company stepped in to purchase them.  
Thank goodness Jaftex came to the rescue. 
Scott Fortunoff
After I took Scott's photo he asked if I had the Kaffe
book and I said no so he gave me a copy free 
{normal retail $30.}
The thing about having Kaffe Fassett fabric is you
just don't want to cut it.  I have some yardage I've been
saving and maybe the patterns in this book will inspire
me to cut it.  I also belong to a Facebook group that
specifically focused on using Kaffe fabrics only.  Some of the
quilts these ladies make are awesome.

1 comment: