Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Simple Quilt Pattern

 Just had to share these that I spotted on Facebook.
 Don't think Wilson would believe me if I said that.
 I couldn't believe this and as they say ... a picture is worth
a thousand words.  The only fabric on the carpet
and Julep decided to sleep on it.
 While scrolling through Pinterest I saw a simple quilt but
when I went to look for cutting directions there was none.
To be honest I really didn't need step-by-step instructions 
so I drew out the layout, pulled out a jelly roll and sat
down at my sewing machine.
I'm calling this my crazy dog quilt. 
Step 1: Sew six strip together and press seams to one side.
 I love pressing on my felted wool pad.
Step 2:  Cut the end off the row to make it even
 then measure in 12-1/2" and cut.
Step 3:  Measure in 29" and cut.
There is hardly any waste of fabric with this pattern.
As you can see the 12-1/2" block is vertical in the upper
left hand corner then the 29" horizontal goes next to that.
 Super easy with no seams to match up.  The pattern
is a great way to use up a jelly roll or leftover 
random strips from other projects.  I just started
another quilt like this using Xmas fabric.
Woof-Woof
Update on Derby:  our little boy is doing better but still sleeping
a lot which is probably due to the pain pills.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, how cute that Julep found that one strip of fabric on the floor. She can probably sniff out fabric from a mile away.
    I like that pattern and the name you gave the quilt

    ReplyDelete