Thursday, March 28, 2019

It's Raining Bunnies!

 When I committed to making bunnies for A Child's Haven
I originally planned on making this pattern.
 When I asked how many they needed for the kids it was
 68 ... that's a lot of bunnies!
 Thus the need to find a simple pattern so I turned to Pinterest.  
Julep ... what more can I say!
 Bunnies waiting for their tails to dry then it's into
the mailing box they shall go.
I figured I could make 4 of this pattern by the time
I could finish just 1 of the original bunny pattern.
They are adorable and what's cool is I could use
scraps of leftover fabric and tiny pieces of ribbon.
This was a lot of bunnies to make but ... if it makes the
kids happy and puts a smile on little faces well
it's simply worth it.
... Travel Size Small Pillowcases ...
 Derby
The Haven asked if it was possible to make small pillowcases
for travel size pillows.  They sent a link to a pillow
from Walmart so I popped over to our local store and
they had the exact one available.  I wanted to make
sure of the measurements I figured in my head
were indeed correct - they were.
 Derby ... Seal of Approval.
 Yes, you've seen this fabric before.  It's Knit Chicks by
Henry Glass.  Jennifer accidentally sent me the same
fabric to worked as before and she did not want
it back ... so it was the perfect yardage to make the
small pillowcases.  The pillow is on the right in this photo.
 I like making the smaller cases vs. the standard size cases now.

I pulled fabric from my stash to make a few more.
Today I'll be taking the box of bunnies and pillowcases 
to UPS which I've found to be cheaper than sending
via the USPS.  

1 comment:

  1. 68 is a lot of bunnies and yes, the second version would be way easier than the first. How nice of you to do this for them. There were be lots of happy little ones when they get their bunnies.

    ReplyDelete