Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Derby, Pillowcases & Hummingbirds

 Sometimes [no matter what or who] you've just got to work around it.
 While this is basically the final layout of the quilt I made
a change by adding a solid strip of fabric between every 
4 rows.  I'm pleased with the turned out.
 In case you're wondering ... this is Derby.
 I spotted two of my Facebook friends posts of their
little girls waiting for the school bus on the 1st day.
They were so darn cute I decided to make them a set of 
unicorn pillowcases to say happy school year.
One family has Derby's brother {Finn} and the
other family shows dogs and loves Scotties.  
One case has an added pocket for a little stuffed dog.

 The cuffs are different on each set because I didn't
have enough of the same fabric.
 Yesterday I did an early transition to fall decorations
on the back porch and our dining room table.

 Hummingbirds don't fly away [remember that song?].
I've been changing the food just about every day.
They are getting fatter and drinking nectar like crazy so
that means they are bulking up to head to their winter
nesting grounds far far away.

1 comment:

  1. Derby does a good job of holding those blocks down...lol
    What a sweet back to school gift.

    ReplyDelete