Sunday, October 6, 2019

Dinner at Bas Rouge

Bread basket selection:  Cheddar Biscuit
I also tried the mini brioche seeded bun which
I lathered in wonderful French butter.
Chef's Special Appetizer Treat
Cosmo in a special glass and boy was it good!
I only had one and then split a glass of red wine
 with dinner. 
Cream of Corn Soup as my first course.
Dinner  Entree: Prime Tenderloin of Beef
{which I forgot to take a photo of}.
Chocolate Torte with melted marshmallow.
That kept me up half the night!
... and if the Chocolate Torte wasn't enough ...
compliments of the chef was a warm little 
nest of Madeleine's ... yum ... yum ... yum!
...
We have dined at Bas Rouge several times for lunch and
enjoyed it but this was our first dinner experience.
...
Would I go back?
The answer is ... yes!
...
This restaurant is a place you save for every once in a while.
Dinner is pre-fixed for either 3 or 4 courses which does not
include cocktails/wine/coffee.

Service is the top notch and formal and the atmosphere is
elegant but the restaurant is small so in my opinion I'm
tired of the overall interior look already.

It was a nice surprise to be handed a bag of two
little cakes to take home as we were leaving.

Reservations are required well in advance but that
may change when all the snowbirds leave to fly south
to their homes in warmer weather.

To  view the complete menu:
http://www.basrougeeaston.com/menu.php?id=113

1 comment: