Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Scrappy Scraps Quilts

I Spy ... A Scrappy Quilt 
After a project is complete I cut the leftover fabric
into various size blocks as well as 2-1/2" x 6" strips.
When I read the last guild newsletter there was a
mention about I Spy quilts and a suggested pattern.
Since I had all these strips cut I decided to create 
my own pattern for fun.  
I Spy Quilts are . . . 
Quilts created with pictorial or novelty quilting fabrics -
 fabrics printed with objects that might not be obvious from a
distance but can be identified during a closer look at the quilt.
Sometimes quilters refer to I Spy quilt patterns as Eye Spy quilts.
 It's grab and sew without being particular what you
pair next to the other.
 These will be 2 different I Spy quilts.  The top one
has white fabric separating the prints {nautical theme}.  
The second quilt is a random pairing of fabric
 Trying to find a layout I'm happy with.
 Oh my!  Derby went nuts smelling this bag!  Yesterday 
Chris came by the house to drop off this bag with quilts that
needed bindings sewn on.  Chris has 2 cats and apparently
this bag has been to several quilters homes.
 Derby got himself all worked up sniffing the bag and the
quilts inside.  I finished all the quilts today and are safely
back in the bag on top of a tall table.  
 This I Spy quilt is done and ready for the next
step in the quilting process.


 Here is the final little nautical I Spy quilt ... also ready
for the next step in the quilting process.
Another one started.
After I finish this one that will be it for the
I Spy quilts for a while.  

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and interesting way to make a quilt. I like the pattern you've done.
    I went to my sons house the other day and was getting some attention from 2 of his dogs. When I got home Gibbs would not stop sniffing me.

    ReplyDelete