Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Chasing Unicorns

 

It's so hot the westies time out in the heat is very limited.
Chasing unicorns in her dreams.
Quilt #1
This was made for Fiona.  Since we are headed towards fall I love
the tiny pumpkins and mushrooms to artist added to this fun fabric.
Julep just came in from her 5 minutes outside and plopped down
on the quilt while I was taking photo's.
I added a thin strip of dragon and castle fabric to separate sections.


Quilt #2
I seriously thought about keeping this for myself and hanging it in my
sewing room {cause I loved it so much} ... but then decided
Gemma would appreciate it so much more.

There was no set pattern when I pulled out the unicorn panel.
I winged it as I went along using fabric from my stash to create
the side blocks and top and bottom border.
What I love ... all the rich colors the artist used in creating the unicorn panel.

Love Letters is the fabric I used for the back of the unicorn panel quilt.
Making Pillowcases


I'm sending 7 pillowcases and 2 quilts to the girls.
I'm mailing the box today to the girls grandmother who is related to me by marriage.  It
was by chance I saw her post on FB about Fiona's birthday so I reached out about
making quilts for the girls.  It seems that the girls dad suddenly passed away
two years ago and they miss him terribly.  Hoping this small box of kindness
will lift their little hearts and put a smile on their cute faces.
Here are the girls ... Fiona just turned 7 and her sister Gemma
will turn 9 in November.

2 comments: