Saturday, October 17, 2020

Working With Scraps

Happy Holidays Travel Panel
In an attempt to keep my scrap pile under control and not cut into 
any new yardage I added several rows of 2-1/2" x 6" pieces to
the top and bottom of this panel.
Julep ... not helping.

Christmas Cactus ... in bloom.
There are times I just like to simply sew two blocks together and then
stack them up for pressing.  This gives me time play with a layout
in my head.  In an effort to [here again] use up my scrap blocks
from other projects I decided to do two lap size scrappy
holiday quilts.  While these have no destination to go
to [as of yet] they will hang out with me until something
or someone comes to mind.  
Scrappy Quilt Top #1
A simply layout of two 6" blocks separated by 
a 2-1/2" x 6" strip.
Derby

Scrappy Quilt Top #2
Guess you could consider this an I Spy holiday quilt.
 

1 comment:

  1. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful. Love the scrappy quilt

    ReplyDelete