Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Quilts & Pillowcases

 

Derby ... helping me lay out a French Rose quilt.
Pillowcases for The Hole in the Wall Gang.
Decided to start making these to go with all the quilts.
My guest room closet is getting maxed out with quilts/pillowcases.
This quilt is going to a FB friend who is a teacher.
She actually is a Special ED elementary teacher.  Her
classroom has a special area designated with soft lights,
sofa, beanbag chairs and pillows to help the kids calm
down.  She deals with autism or kids that sometimes
get frustrated they learn slower or are different
then the others.  I offered to make her quilts to
use at school when the fall term starts.  Donna is a 
blessing to those children and this is the least I
can do to try and help her and the kids a little.

The map came from the free table at a guild meeting.
I Spy quilt using scraps that are 2-1/2" x 6". 
This particular one is geared for a girl.
I purchased 2 of the cat panels on sale last year.
Had them pressed and ready to add borders many
months ago but just never had the time.  
I'm happy to say they are done.
A simple block quilt with leftovers.
Second cat panel.
A Little Reader quilt top that Julep decided to nap on.

There are 4 Little Reader books in this series.




The Little Reader are done and I'm just waiting for a nice day to
take them outside to photograph by the wildflower bed.


1 comment: