Sunday, September 29, 2024

"Big Kitties"

 

Working with the collection "Big Kitties" is done.
The leftover fabric I cut up into 5" squares for Outreach
to make I Spy quilts with.
Since this is a neutral colored collection I felt it really needed
an infusion of color ... enter ... "Starlet".  When I requested
more of "Starlet" I was sent 2 packages of 10" squares plus
various sizes of yardage.  
I couldn't leave this feeling so plain so along the sides
 I added ric rack which I found on the free table.
This was a new pattern I had sitting in my 
"I want to make someday" stack.
The panel was cut and made into a wall hanging for 
a kids room.  I had a foam piece leftover from a 
previous project which was a perfect backing for
this hanging.  I'm still tossing around what I
want to do with this wall hanging.

It took me about 6 hours to complete this.  What was time
consuming was the embellishment - which is hard to
see in the picture.  From my days of needlepoint I added
something called 'fuzzy stuff' to the ears, outlined the
leaves with a silvery white thread, used a brown 
wood to accent the trunk of the trees, added red buttons
to the front of the 'big kitties', used a black shiny thread
to accent the lines around the face of the large cat, and
embellished the rays of the sun with thread and beads.
It was a lot of fun work.

No comments:

Post a Comment