Saturday, June 23, 2018

Bas Rouge For Lunch

 Bas Rouge is a semi-new restaurant in our area.  I think it's been
open a little over a year.  Our friends took us to lunch there
yesterday and it was excellent and as close to perfect
as you will get in this area.
 I always ask if I can take a photo of the wine restaurants serve.
I have an app on my phone that shows the cost and gives the
rating as well as comments from folks that have had
this before.  If I like the wine then I have a record.
From there I can go to our local wine shop and order it.
 Bread made from scratch was yummy & so was the butter. 
 Three beautiful flower arrangements lined the back wall.  
The table you see in the back is the 'owners' table.
 Cold corn soup with lump crab meat & hush puppy.
 You are looking at a $23 burger!
 No expense was spared in the design of this restaurant.
We were the last to leave so I was able to take
photo's without be obnoxious to other diners.
. . .
The California family is currently on the plane flying
east.  We are picking up Daisy today at the train station.
I have a ton of stuff to take over to the rental house
like breakfast food, snacks, fruit, laundry detergent.  It's
going to be a busy next few days for sure.  Carol planned
a trip to Washington, DC on Tuesday.  I think the 
weather will be nice and the kids should have a great
time.  On Thursday they are all taking the train to 
New York City to hang out there for 3 days 
before heading back to LA.   I know the rest of the
family will love seeing Daisy's apartment and
being in the city that never sleeps.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful restaurant and the food sure looks good

    ReplyDelete