Sunday, November 18, 2018

Old Door - New Door - Fabric

Out with the old door.  There are several reasons why this door
needed to be replaced.  Rot at the base, not sitting right in the
frame which allowed air to pour freely into the house at the top,
plus I hate those grids between the pane of glass.   We planned
to donate the door to Habitat for Humanity but the rot was
so bad at the base it was unusable.
The new top of the line Anderson door.
The amount of light the new door lets in is great and we
 love that feature but ... it will need to come back out and
get re-installed and re-aligned because it's a little off center.
Apparently we are not alone because others in the neighborhood 
ran across this very same issue with door replacement.
 I'm still recovering from my head cold which is just
hanging around for no good reason.  While I was
feeling really punky I did take advantage of some
some excellent sale prices on fabric.  
 I love Christmas fabric - it makes me happy.

 Blenders which I'm in need of.
 While this is not a favorite I couldn't pass up the
super low price per yard on this collection.
Well that's it for today.  I have the house decorated for Christmas
and the table set for Thanksgiving dinner.  The grand 
daughter [Daisy] will be staying with us over turkey day
and we will pick her up from the train station late Wednesday
night.  My sister and her family and my mom will
be joining us for an early dinner on Thursday.
I simply can't believe how quickly this year has flown by.


1 comment:

  1. Good time to get that door replaced. It will be nice in the winter not having the cold air coming in.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete