Sunday, January 20, 2019

The New Bernina

 Can I tell you that I'm in love with my new sewing machine.
I could work on her all day - every day.
 It's amazing what a wider throat area and a bigger Plexiglas table 
makes when pushing thought all that fabric.  The automatic
thread cutter and the dual feed feature are also a big plus.
While Donna at Jordon Fabrics uses a dumb bell to
anchor her ruler prior to cutting my little weight
is far superior!  By adding the weight on the end of the
ruler it stops that 'wiggling' and guarantee's a straight cut.
 The finished lap quilt.  I'm very happy with this
and actually had it pieced together prior to Xmas
thinking I would send it as a present.  That didn't happen
and now will be mailed on Tuesday [with a set of pillowcases].
As they say ... better late than never!
The weather is windy and freezing which is
wonderful for staying in and spending my day sewing.
Derby goes for a dental cleaning on Tuesday and
I'm thinking he might need a few teeth extracted.
I'm going to pull out the luggage and start organizing
my clothes for the smooth jazz cruise.  We are leaving
on Thursday - 1/31 for Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I've never worked on anything as large as a quilt but I can imagine how wonderful that extra space is for larger projects.
    It's very cold, windy and snowy here right now. It would be a good time to escape to Florida.

    ReplyDelete