Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Working with Tula Pink - Zuma Fabric Line


 Spring is here and summer is on the way which makes it a perfect
time to work with Tula Pink's Zuma fat quarter's.   
 I made two nice size lap quilts from the 24 fat quarters.
This is the first quilt I worked on.  If you're not familiar
with Tula Pink she is a much sought after fabric
designer.  She designs [fabrics] for Free Spirit [a
company that Scott and his family own under
the umbrella of Jaftex].
Deciding the layout ...
vertical or horizontal blocks.
 I liked the horizontal layout much better then the
vertical.  The blocks are simply a 3" x 10" rectangle.
 I would love to get these done and off the floor
sooner rather than later.
The entire Zuma line of fabric is beautiful. 
If you live in a nautical area [like I do] this fabric
is perfect  [thinking of keeping these just for me].
The colors are bright and the designs are detailed.
Printed on the waves [it's impossible to see here so
I'll post a close-up later] is a verse. 
The Verse
... a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor ...


1 comment:

  1. I like the layout on both of these quilts. The colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete