Monday, December 16, 2019

New York City

 Wilson and I left Saturday morning from the Amtrak station
 at BWI Airport on the Acela express train to NYC.
 Our hotel [Sofitel] is located on the west side in the theater
district.  This location is an easy walk to Radio City 
and the tree in Rock Center.

 While we don't visit NYC often Saturday night was a
mob scene.  It was almost impossible to get from point 
A to point B.  It was unbelievable.
 The tree at Rock Center.



 The waiting line for skaters to get on the ice was
very long.  I didn't see the cost but I bet it isn't cheap.
 Today we went to B&H Photo to look at cameras.
From there we walked across the street and had
lunch at Uncle Jack's.


 This the dry-age meat locker.  Notice the name
of the meat on the upper left ... Yabba Dabba Doo!
 From our hotel we walked down a few blocks into the fabric
district.  We went to visit Jaftex Fabrics and Scott Fortunoff.
He's the President of several fabric companies and has a heart
of gold.  He's always giving fabric and brand new
sewing machines away on-line to those in need.
This is the company I occasionally sew for.  I've been
approved to be a Brand Ambassador 
for Blank Quilting.
I had a gift for Scott which I wanted to deliver in person.  
It was a paperweight [which he collects] and a set of stone
initial coasters for his desk.  I came out with a nice
a stack of fabric. 

We did have a few snow flurries while walking
but the nasty stuff is coming later tonight but then
will turn to all rain.  We don't leave until Wednesday so
we'll be okay for travel back home.
Sak's Window
Not impressive at all.  What a big disappointment.
 Macy's windows were a little better than Sak's
but not worth taking a photo.
I packed light for this trip ... hahahah!



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous time to be in NYC. Although I can imagine that the crowds were impossible.

    ReplyDelete