Saturday, March 21, 2020

Spring Blooms From Our Yard

 The porch is all decked out for spring with a new
tablecloth and flowers.  Now we are having a cold snap.
 Which way did they go?
We had a bird strike our living room window and of course
Derby heard it hit.  I was in the shower and Wilson was in
the den watching TV so we didn't hear it.  Next thing you 
know Derby went out and got the bird then brought it
into the house to eat by the front door.  Thank goodness
Wilson realized what he was doing so quietly.  It was
only headless by the time Wilson got it from Derby.
I swear he must have been a cat in another life.



 We had stones leftover from our front wall addition so
I've been moving a few stones over the back bed
to see if we liked the look.  We ask our new landscaper for
 an estimate on another pallet of stone + labor
to correctly lay and finish up what I started.  







 The bunnies are from Pier One last year.
They were on sale for a great price.
Julep 
I'm waiting for the red breasted finch to build a nest
in the arrangements I have hanging from the lights.

 Bleeding Hearts
Hope you enjoyed the flowers from around
our yard.  The red bud, cherry and Japanese 
Maple are getting ready to open soon.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had flowers popping up around here. I haven't seen any yet. I love those hyacinths. Yuck on the bird. I probably would have freaked out if I had to try and get it away from Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porches look lovely. I am in southern Va. I can't "pretty up" my porch until mid May because of pollen. Do you not have the tons of pollen we do? Just curious. Might have to move!! HA HA

    ReplyDelete