Friday, August 6, 2021

Finished Projects

 

I mentioned [in a previous post] that one of my FB friends loves
Halloween so I made her the table runner, placemats/napkins
and the quilt below.
This Halloween fabric was part of the 'free' fabric I was sent 
several months ago.  While I finished the tops I didn't actually
make them into quilts.  This is one I finished and sent to
my FB friend.  She fell in love with it [as I knew she would].
I could have spent hours quilting this with different decorative stitches.
Here I stitched the brim of the hat and around the 'boo'.
On the witch I did the brim of the hat and along the top of her cape
and along the hem of her dress which you can't see.
More decorative stitches.

It's A Process!
This quilt was made using scraps and then was passed on to Outreach to quilt.
The lady who volunteers her time to quilt the tops does a beautiful
job.  While Derby is doing his usual sniffs I made the
binding.  Once Derby was finished I sewed the binding onto the
front.  Then it goes to the ladies who like to hand sew 
the binding onto the back ... it is a process that seems
to work nicely for all involved.
What a character!  I turned around and saw Derby resting
on the bag of fleece scarves I've been working on for
the kids in need this fall.  Outreach will take them and
divide them into groups for different organizations.
I'm donating 202 scarves this year.
Placemats and napkins.
I also had enough bird fabric to make a table runner.
These went [with the two batik quilts] to a FB friend
who has a cabin in the woods.


My weekend projects are ... 
1} Working with the "Sign from Above" astrology fabric 
plus 
2} Going through my Christmas fabric and pulling those
pieces that are geared towards kids.  I want to get a
early start on making small stockings for Outreach.
This is a perfect way to move out some of my holiday
fabric I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment