Monday, November 22, 2021

A Reading at The Writer's Center & Competed Quilts

On Saturday Wilson had a reading from the newest issue of the 
Delmarva Review at The Writer's Center in Bethesda.  It's
been at least 15 years since I went to the 'big city' and all
I can say is that I'm glad we live on the eastern shore.
We didn't know how many people would show up due to the
virus situation.  It turned out to be a packed house.
We needed to bring out more chairs!
Here is Wilson in a very brief video from Saturday.

I gave this quilt to Hal's wife who has Parkinson disease.
We picked him up on our way to Bethesda {he lives in Chester}
so that he could record the entire reading.  At some
point the recording will air on Delmarva public radio.
You've seen most of these quilt tops before as 'unfinished'.
Now complete and in a stack for Dara to take to
her work at the vets office.  Who they go to
I leave in the hands of the universe.

My sister claimed this one to give to her new boss.




I really like this quilt and was tempted to keep it but
reminded myself I can't keep them all.  I have one
more quilt {maybe two} to try and finish before 
everyone arrives on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment