Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Trip to Amish Country for Fun & Fabric

 

My sister and I took a road trip to Lancaster on Saturday
because I wanted to do a little fabric shopping.
The buggies were out in full force.

Driving to Lancaster from my sister's house the GPS 
takes you through many a winding country road.
She looked very young to us and I'm guessing
this is a training buggy.
Pass with caution!
We even went through a covered bridge.

This is the owner of The Old Country Store, Jan.
We parked behind the Old Country Store and next time
we'll have to check this place out.
I didn't buy a lot of fabric but I did see a lot that I liked.
Mainly I was looking for fabric that could be made
into items for the next guilds homemade sale in December.
I want to make placemats and napkins out of the deer
fabric.  The hunting fabric I'm not sure what I'll use it for.
This was purchased just for fun because it was on sale.
Since 4-H is big in my area I'm thinking of using
the panels for a quilt.

This panel and the one below will be made into 'man cave' quilts.

The national park themed fabric is really big and people
love it.  I'm not sure what I'll do ... maybe
leave it whole and just pop a few borders around it.






No comments:

Post a Comment