Saturday, May 21, 2011

Morning Sun and My Afternoon Work

 Westies love baking themselves in the sun.
 Derby ... could he look any more relaxed?
 We face due east and in the summer the sun rises directly in front of us.  It's hard to sleep in this time of year.

 Neighbors from up the creek head out for a morning cruise.
I haven't even had my Starbucks yet!
 Sewing different edges with my new Bernina sewing machine is - well fun!
 Here are several example of the 115 designs that are available by entering the stitch number into the machine computer.  For added interest, I use shaded thread.
 Bandannas for Rescued Paws will be sending these {as well as additional ones} to Westie Rescue Southeast on Monday.  They will be for sale at the Iris Festival to help raise funds for this group.
 Peace, Love & Flower Power!
 The fancy edging takes a lot of extra time ... but I'm having fun ... and for the record ... this sewing machine was worth every penny I paid for it.
 I can't wait for my sister to sew on the Bernina.  She already told me {to tell our parents} she wants one for Christmas ... so I delivered the message.  Guess we'll have to see if Santa delivers!
 Watching the second raise in the Triple Crown.
The westies wouldn't have missed this for the world.
 Lounging in the early morning sun, watching me sew, going for a walk in St. Michaels, watching the horse race, eating dinner ... it's lights out for the westies!
 Derby was sleeping but I called his name to take this photo.
Look closely and you will see his tiny front teeth.  His face has such personality.
Sorry Derby ... you can go back to sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. Derby and Julep are always so sweet looking no matter what they are doing.
    I just love the stitches on those bandannas. That is one cool sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete