Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's Vacation Time & We're Going Back To Duck, NC

 It's been a crazy day around the house trying to
get ready for vacation.  One thing on my list was to give
the westies a bath.  Don't they look nice & pretty?
We enjoy going to the Outer Banks for a fall vacation.
Julep is ready ... and everything is packed.
Derby in his car seat. 
I pulled out both doggie car seats & took off the covers
for a much needed washing.
 That crazy turkey is still hanging around by himself.
How strange.  I always thought turkeys hung around
in large groups.
 I know all the running is great exercise for them
but the barking is driving me crazy.
 Doing the turkey-trot along the shoreline.
 This photo was taken with the 'action' setting
of my camera or it would have been a big
streak of white.
 Walking through the living room I caught something
flying through our yard out of the corner of my eye.
At first I thought it was the eagle ... but I happen
to be lucky enough to spot the location of where
it landed in the tree tops ... it was the turkey!

 Now we know the turkey can fly and doesn't have
damaged wings ... so I still can't figure out why
there is only one turkey.
 Leaving you with a few photo's from around the
creek and yard.  Next stop ... Duck!


2 comments:

  1. Such lovely pix. Have a great holiday. We wish you sun and fun. Have a super Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete