Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Teaching How To Make A Pillow Case

 Yes, Derby that's correct ... didn't Daddy Wilson play with you?

Today I was on the volunteer schedule for the
after school sewing program at the YMCA.


 The teacher and helpers for the sewing after school
program are members of the Bayside Quilters Guild.
 The project for today was learning how to make
a pillow case to take home.   Pre-cut fabric was placed in zip
lock bags ready to be sewn.  All the
girls needed to do was pick the color/print
they liked ... and off it was to the sewing machine.
 With a few simple [almost straight] 1/4" seams 
the pillow case was ready to be pressed.
 Working on the final side and bottom seam of 1/2".
 The girls had a great time and pretty much
one-on-one instruction.
 It was a quick hour and a half of instruction
which I also learned how to make a pillow case!


I think the girls loved this project and asked me
to take their photo.  Guess I can add another 
new sewing and volunteer experience to my list.

5 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! How FUN! It's my mom's favorite sewing project. She made several pillows for me. Some of it is posted on our Paw Craft page. I bet there were many happy kids. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Wednesday all of you and enjoy the sewing.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I looked at the picture I wondered how to get these pictures over to the girls' school. Ponder that one....I'm sure the HeadMaster would be delighted to post them somewhere. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't been able to blog for some time. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Wordless Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great program. And it does look like they had a good time. Glad to see that Derby kept himself occupied while you were gone

    ReplyDelete