Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sewing Class At The Y


 Julep spent the day lounging around while I
went to help with the first part of the Y
class to teach sewing a group of 10 young girls.
 Sherry [middle] showcasing the dress each girl will sew.
 Most of the girls had their doll in class.
 Paying attention while general instructions are given
on how to use the sewing machine.

 Ladies ... on your mark ... get set ... start sewing!
 We set-up the classroom with the Bernina's
 threaded, plugged in, tested, and ready to go.
 Showing off the finished dress.
I think she likes it!
 The final step ... adding fancy rick-rack to the hem.
The dress I made for each girl.
Everyone had fun during our
hour and a half sewing marathon.
For next week I'm cutting out the pants
and Sherry had the girls pick out the fabric
they wanted for the top.  I'll be sewing
10 pairs of pants for each student to take home
as a little gift from me.
...
Have A Great Day
& Take Good Care

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the class went well and the little ones enjoyed it. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like the class was a success!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they had fun and did a great job on the sewing

    ReplyDelete