Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fairy Quilts

 Don't worry Julep I have more fairy fabric tucked away in the attic.
 I just need to find a complimentary pattern for the
fabric I have left in my stash.
 The little girl [in me] loves fairy fabric.
 The pictures you see here (and below) took me a solid 4 days worth
of work - no kidding!  I was asked [at our last Guild meeting] to
be part of the YMCA's Sewing Camp program - Session #3.
This is the American Girl Doll Session so of course I was
a natural to be part of this program.
 I wanted something interesting to display all the doll cloths on 
 ... so I decided this quilt collection is a nice way to introduce
them to quilts and the art of quilting.   The quilt [above] is just the
right size for a little girl's bed while the quilt [below] fits a doll bed.

 I added a fairy pocket on the back of the doll quilt.  
It could also be used to store the dolls night gown.
 A matching pillow for the doll bed.
 I want to impart to the girls taking the sewing camp
class that sewing is fun and creative.
Right now the they are expecting 12 girls in this class.
My next sewing project is to go through my AG patterns and
pick a few new ones and make some clothes for the class.
I have until July 24th to get all this done.
... Have a great day & thank you for stopping by for a visit ...

1 comment:

  1. Love the fairy fabric. That was a cute idea to put the pocket on the doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete