Wednesday, July 16, 2014

We can play with fabric also!

 Derby checking the Bernina or maybe he thinks the bag of
missing PetSmart treats is hiding there (we still haven't found them).
 Most months our quilting guild has a 'free' table for various stuff.
This ranges from fabrics to anything that belongs in a sewing room.
 Members get to pass on what they don't need anymore instead
of tossing it away.  This is a brillant idea!
 I got a nice stack of fabric at this last meeting.  This stack that Derby
is standing on was once nicely organized.   I had every piece of
fabric pressed and in a nice stack ready to be cut into various size blocks
... that is until Derby found them and started doing his thing.
 I don't know what he smells but he sure does like it.  
He goes nuts and just sniffs and sniffs. 
 This fabric has been sitting here for 6 days and he's still
sniffing it like it's the first time.  I finally got tired of him 
knocking down my pile so I cut it up and put it away.
I saw one quilt pattern that took 5,000 2-1/2" squares.
I don't think I'm that brave to make something that large.
 I'm not sure what's going on here.  Derby is sleeping and
Julep is in my sewing chair.  It's time to evict her!
 So I thought if I put my sewing project in my machine
she would move ... but as you can see it didn't phase her.
 My semi-organized mess of fabrics.  Ready to be moved if
we ever sell our house. In the meantime I'm working my way
through various fabric themes to make room for more fabric
when my sister and I get up to Lancaster.
 This is very unusual for Julep.  I guess she is nice and
comfy and that's OK since she's not in my sewing chair.
So ... that's it for today.  I've been working on various fairy
fabric things which I will show you tomorrow.
All the best, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment