Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's Hot Outside & I'm Sewing Holiday Things ... Go Figure!

 Well today was a hot one and no one wanted to 
be outside ... not even on the screened in porch.
 Since I'm not sure when we will 'make the move' to the
new place I decided to get a jump on some holiday
sewing ... first up ... a pair of holiday fairy pillowcases.
I'm thinking these will go to our next door neighbor's 
grand daughter with some winter American Girl clothing.
 These will go with the two scrappy quilts when they find homes.
This pattern with it's wild and crazy colors remind me of my
hippie days.  Last night on TV it was noted that the fashion industry
 is bring back fringe.  Fringe on purses, on boots, and jackets.
I still remember my fringe beaded shoulder bag from high school.
1972 seems like yesterday! 
 It's amazing how this small stack of 10" x 10" squares made
the quilt [below] which I consider a nice sofa size.
I made a few more things [which I'll show you later]
and now I'm ready to tackle my project list.  The first project
 is to make a sports theme quilt for my mom to give to the boy
who lives next door.  The fabric will be mostly Ravens.  I
finished the flannel pillowcase that the quilt will go in. I
also finished another table runner.  JoAnn Fabrics has a really
good sale going on so I came home with a nice selection.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Always busy as usual. I somehow prefer the hot Summer day than the cold winter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a nice way to stay cool on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete