Saturday, January 30, 2016

Is It Spring Yet? & Baking Westie Treats

 Things around the new homestead have been sorta quiet.
Watching the snow melt is a highlight!  I did manage to
put together another quilt top which I'll show you later
in another post.
 I was poking around different dog food sites and decided
to make Julep and Derby some dried sweet potato
treats.  To buy a bag of pre-dried sweet potato's is
around $8.00 from a manufacturer.
So to make these treats ... the first thing I did was
scrub & dry the potato.  Next decision - how to slice.
I decided on thin rounds.
 Next I dump the slices in a zip lock bag with a little
Olive oil.  Gave them a good shake and placed them on
 a parchment lined baking sheet.  Next is optional - 
adding a little cinnamon on one side of the potato.
I decided to leave half plain ... just in case.
 The oven was preheated to 250 because they are slowly
dried for approx 3 hours.  Here are the potato's half 
way through the drying process after I flipped them.
 The finished treats ... with a BIG westie seal of approval.
 Since I only give them a few a day this batch should
last them for a week.
Will I make these again - you bet!


1 comment:

  1. I bought a bag of sweet potato treats at a craft show and Gibbs didn't like them. I wonder if he would like them better if I made them myself.
    That cartoon is hysterical

    ReplyDelete