Sunday, February 21, 2016

Fabric Shopping Trip ... Lancaster, PA

 I left the eastern shore Friday morning to meet my sister at her
new home in Fallston.  After a quick tour we left for our
winter fabric shopping trip to Lancaster, PA.
 The drive from Debby's home is easy & under 2 hours.  We had hotel
reservations at the Best Western in Intercourse, PA the night.
 We didn't see many Amish in horse and buggy's on Friday
but on Saturday it seemed like they were all out.
 Saturday morning we enjoyed breakfast at the
hotel.  I couldn't pass up taking this picture as the
Amish men ate breakfast.  I wonder how they know
what belongs to whom since everything looks the same to me.
 Now ... on to the good stuff!
 On this trip Debby & I hit on Friday:
The Old Country Store, Log Cabin 
Quilts, The Fabric Shack & Zook's.
 Zooks had a sale to end all sales!  They closed their
 store called Sauder's which was in the middle of what
I would call no-man's land.   They moved all that merchandise to
Zooks.  All that moved fabric [5,000 bolts to be exact] was
marked to $3.99/yard.  I dropped some $$$'s there.
Deb and I re-hit Zooks after breakfast on Saturday morning
before we left.  The hotel we like to stay at is within a short 
walk of  Zook's and The Old Country Store. 


 I purchased mostly 2 yard cuts of fabric to give me flexibility for
quilt backs, pillowcases or anything else I may need to make.
 This is a fat quarter bundle of fabric.  I didn't realize this is
the same fabric in the jelly roll {pictured below}.  That's
okay since it will give me more flexibility with the quilt
pattern I choose to use.
 This jelly roll was purchased from the Log Cabin Quilt store.
They had no real bargain but prices were reasonable.
When I spotted this fabric I immediately thought
of my mom ... so this will turn into a quilt for her.
The total haul of fabric from this trip:
33 fabrics @ 2 yard cuts = 66 yards of fabric
17 fabrics @ 1 yard cuts = 17 yards of fabric
1 jelly roll ... 1 fat quarter pack ... and one
grab bag of 4" strips
This should keep me until we make our next trip in the fall.

3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good haul. I bet you two have a blast going through those stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh those are some lovely fabrics you brought home. I especially LOVE the fabric you are going to use for your mom's quilt. Those are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh those are some lovely fabrics you brought home. I especially LOVE the fabric you are going to use for your mom's quilt. Those are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete