Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I've Been Busy


 Finished the last 3 pillowcases which makes 8 total.
 This lap quilt was requested last year by a group that needs it
as a silent auction item.  Since this photo I added the sides 
and made the binding.  What's left is the quilting. 
 I put together three big block quilt tops which I will
donate to our Guild's Outreach group. 
 This one [and the one below] is made from fabric
I found on the free table at various guild meetings.

 Now in between taking down and packing up Xmas stuff
I started a new quilt top with a Valentine's theme.
 This pattern is called 'Love Notes' and it's a mini version of
the block called 'You've Got Mail'.  You can find both patterns
on the Missouri Star Quilting site under tutorials.  The block
size I'm using is 5-1/2" and it's going to take me time in 
order to get a decent size quilt out of this pattern.
The weather has been pretty nasty with fog rolling in
at night.  The weatherman predicts sun on Wednesday
and maybe a pinch of snow on Thursday evening.  In any
event, I've got plenty to do with Xmas clean-up and sewing.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday! I love each project that you've shared, especially the Westie lap quilt. I'm going to have to go on to Missouri and find that pattern for Valentines day. I still have a quilt that I need to sandwich and start hand quilting, from a class I took by Rob Appell. I always love seeing your pups on your quilts. It's snowing here today(as it was yesterday)and we are supposed to get 8-12", think I prefer snow to fog. Good weather for sewing.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Everything lòoks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the Westie fabric. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete